Monday, November 2, 2009

form counterform

Everything about this project was new to me. The process was an experience of exploration for the first time into to the digital world of design. Through the weeks I learned the foundation of this field is all about clarity, and getting the message to the viewer faster. In the field of advertisement, I would assume the design must not be confusing and must not take the eye away from specific points of interest to insure the viewer sees the things that make him/her want to buy that product. I did not involve this mentality to my design until late. But, i feel i did the best that i could in the time that I had to do this.
The emphasis, i think, is confused. I wanted it to be the oval at the bottom left, but sometimes i think that it is the lowercase "i" on its side on the top of the stack of "i"'s. I was hoping the eye would start at bottom left, then move with the repeated "i"'s to the "V" at the top right, and finally swoop down and to the left back to the oval.
Being formal i used the forms of letters to be the points of focus. All of the ovals are the dot of the eye stretched and distorted to make its shape. all the other shapes were taken from the counter forms of the "V" and "i". I cut up the pieces and stretched them to make the different shapes throughout the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment